|Home » |
Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
In Halo 4, the Master Chief returns to battle new enemies, deadly technology and an ancient evil bent on vengeance and annihilation. You can enlist aboard the UNSC infinity to join the Spartan-IV program and experience revolutionary Halo Infinity Multiplayer modes in this award-winning game for Xbox 360. The universe will never be the same again.
||November 06, 2012|
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 2736 reviews|
Average Customer Review:
( 2736 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
5 of 6 found the following review helpful:
Awesome sequel and great start of a new saga!Nov 26, 2012
I've been a Halo fan since 2002 when Halo first game out. I was at the release of Halo 2 and still remember buying it at a convention right before I moved from California. With each purchase of the Halo games I loved it even more. Then after Halo 3 release I found out that bungie was not able to work on Halo much longer anymore and another company was working on it. The news broke my heart. I found out that 343i is taking over, and I didn't like that idea. I had disliked 343i when i found out, but as more news came out about them, i started to trust them. Especially with the Halo 4 trailer. And of course I got it. I was not disappointed in any way whatsoever. I booted up the xbox, put in the disk, turned my tv to 3D, and turned up the sound. It was probably one of the greatest moments of my life. The graphics were so great that I literally just sat there doing nothing but looking at the screen for 15 mins. The sound effects was the second thing I noticed. From the deep and powerful sounding Assault Rilfe to the high pitched alien-like sounds covenant weapons. Everything was perfect, it had the original "halo" feel, awesome sound effects, unbelievable graphics, and great story. The only complaint I have is the fact that the campaign was shorter than normal, but 343i were able to explain the whole story and add little extras all in that short campaign. It felt a bit rushed, but everything was there. The campaign was a lot more immersive and I could actually feel what was going on, it could just be from the graphics and sounds, but it was more immersive than all the Halos i've played. The campaign shows more of the human side of chief and I could feel what he was feeling even with his helmet on. The ending really threw me off, and I started crying. Multiplayer is a bit like reach and halo 3 combined, which think is great. I gotta say, out of all the Halo games i've played. Halo 4 felt like the most polished. Halo 4 is probably the best Halo game in my opinion. I can't wait to see Halo 5. 10/10!
81 of 115 found the following review helpful:
Best Halo yet!Nov 08, 2012
Six months ago I was convinced that NOBODY could possibly take the incredible work of Bungie and maintain their level of quality and refinement. I had no intention of buying Halo 4. But over the past couple of months 343 would keep putting out videos that kept me intrigued. I decided to give in to the hype and I am absolutely blown away by what I am seeing on my 60" screen...
* The game feels like Halo, but it also feels new - not sure if that is helpful, but they managed to keep the core while pushing the story and gameplay forward
* The graphics are superb, but the sound is absolutely the best of any game I have every played. The gun sounds "punch" your speakers pretty hard and all the affects really grab your attention
* A lot of diversity and progression has been added to the multiplayer aspect of the game. I am less of a "run and gun" type player so I appreciate some of the game modes where the goal is to capture buildings (Dominion) or control space (King of the Hill). It adds a layer of strategy that allows us mediocre gamers to play a key role
* Spartan Ops is fun! With three other friends you can play these "bite-sized" missions and continue the story beyond the campaign. I believe we will continue to get new missions every week so my friends and I have new content to play together every weekend!
* In the campaign, I kept running out of ammo and was forced to switch weapons constantly. Sometimes trying new weapons was a lot of fun, but other times it was a drag using the plasma gun over and over and over...
* In mutliplayer when I watch my Death Cam to see how I was killed, it seems like they dont always hit me and I still died. Its like there is some sort of an accuracy issue with the game. Either the Death Cam is wrong, or I am getting killed by bullets that are not hitting me. Either way it needs to be fixed
Overall, I am still surprised that anyone can take a big franchise like Halo over and somehow manage to not only keep the "magic" but actually make it feel like the next step. I have no regrets buying Halo 4!
2 of 2 found the following review helpful:
Fun game, but no surprises!Apr 16, 2015
Although this version of Halo cannot be compared with Halo 3, especially concerning the campaign/story and the multiplayer experience (online), Halo 4 definitely has its own high points. First and foremost, would you not want there to be another game in the Halo franchise? The game serves its purpose and provides more missions, more weapons, more vehicles, and more fun for another couple hours/days/weeks/months. Second, the story is a nice change of pace from the battle against the flood and is intriguing enough to have kept me playing. Third, the graphics are fantastic and who doesn't love the Halo cinematics?
In the end, it is more or less the same Halo experience in a revised format. Shoot your way through every bad guy and save the world...with slightly different bad guys, weapons, and vehicles. We'll see how Halo 5 compares...they have some work to bring back the glory of Halo 3!
2 of 2 found the following review helpful:
GreatNov 10, 2014
By kim chirstensen
I know that there is a lot of haters out there. And I mean a lot. But facts come up to facts and all in all this was a great game. I mean for a developer who just made their first game. Great job. You brought back the the chief and the wonder of seeing something new in halo that you will never forget. Like the mammoth level. That was my favorite level in the whole franchise. But 343 there is more that I have to say. Thank you for patching up the original halo and bringing back the memorys in hd. All in all im excited for the future of this awesome game. And well....... haters gonna hate!
4 of 5 found the following review helpful:
Fun if you're into the campaign...May 10, 2014
But 343 changed things up as far as multiplayer goes. Apparently, the CoD thing sells, and that's what Halo's become, more or less --Call of Duty with space marines and light-shields. You can't even play as the Covenant anymore, which isn't really that much of a loss come to think of it...
But you know what is a loss? No more ground-punching Armor Lock. Have fun getting run over by vehicles and not being able to take down eager buttfaces' shields.
See all 2736 customer reviews on Amazon.com