|Home » |
JVC RV-NB70B Radio/CD Player BoomBox - 1 x Disc - 5 W Integrated - Apple Dock Interface - Black - 30 Programable Tracks - CD-DA, MP3, WMA - USB
KABOOM WITH GUITAR MIC INPUT IPOD DOCK WITH VIDEO OUT
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 63 reviews|
Average Customer Review:
( 63 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
35 of 37 found the following review helpful:
JVC KaboomJul 18, 2011
By Amazon Customer
Nice boom box, very satisfied with unit. Sound quality may not be perfect, but good enough and lots of bass with the sub-woofer. I'm not familiar with the original Kaboom so I can't compare the old vs the new. I wanted all the input options, USB, MP3 CD's, Itouch, etc. Mostly, I wanted a line-in so that meant I had to get the RV-NB70 instead of the NB50 model. The guitar/mic input may get used for karaoke some day. The strap included is awkward to use, mostly due the size of the unit. I decided to get a duffel bag for it and padded the inside. That way I have a pocket for all the accessories. I haven't found a way to play material in a random fashion from the USB or CD yet, not sure if a way to do that exists. It would be nice if it could.
The only problem I've had is that I could NOT find a car cord for this Kaboom! The CA-R150 cord can't be found anywhere. Called JVC customer service and was told nothing exists in the catalog for a dc-in cable. So I went searching for something to use. I found the plug here.
[...] Great Amazon deletes URL's Why? So it was supposed to say cordsplus . com Anyways search for the Philmore 255 plug
3.3mm x 5.5mm Power Plug With 1mm Center Pin Philmore 255 Part #1783 $8.39
Then I wanted to be able to clamp on to a battery and have some versatility so I used banana jacks on the other end. This way I can use a cigarette lighter converter like this: [...] ( This was a RadioShack Enercell(tm) Vehicle Adapter Plug w/ Banana Jacks Catalog #: 270-036) or switch to use a terminal clamp to attach to a battery. [...] rcaccessory . com / 12vclampswbananaplugs-new
27 of 28 found the following review helpful:
Great System!Aug 28, 2011
By Aaron Schrader
Just ordered this Kaboom for my wife, she's a cheer coach and needed something that will not distort at louder volume and can fill large areas for practices, like a gym. She hasn't used it yet in the gym, but set up at home was a pretty impressive experience. This thing is loud.
1. Docks & Charges iPhone, iPods. Music plays right through it and with the remote you can control FF and REW within a song. Only functions for controlling iPhone/iPod on the actual boombox are play/pause. So don't lose the remote!
2. Loud! Bass knob on left, volume on right. Large, easy to turn knobs with numbers of volume on blue LCD screen. Subwoofers on ends are protected by metal screens. I'm not an audiophile, so to me this thing sounds pretty good.
3. Smart doors! CD door and iPhone/iPod dock door have a nifty little twist to open feature. I've had portables before that all you have to do is push to open, so consequently any time you bump the doors they open. Not the case here, I like their set up.
4. This has an auxilary/line in, in addition to a 1/4" guitar jack. I'm not sure why JVC wouldn't advertise the Aux In, as people care more about that now days. There's one on there!
5. Easy layout- buttons on the front are there, big enough, simple to use.
6. Not too heavy.
1. There are some features that can only be accessed through the remote, so don't lose it. Which brings me to #2-
2. No remote dock! Portable stereo? Yes. Big in size? Yes. So why not slim the remote down a little and make a docking slot for it on the unit so I don't have to put on sticky velcro and ghetto it up.
3. Price- For this price (paid $270) it performs, but is missing some of these important features listed, lending a four star rating over five.
4. NO FREAKING CORD WRAP! Come on! I couldn't believe that a portable system, with a SHOULDER STRAP for crying out loud, would not have some kind of power cord wrap on it. Give me a break. Especially at this price, it's a major oversight. This combined with a missing remote dock/storage option is enough to make me want to give it 3 stars.
5. Not a huge fan of the plastics used. Here's what I'd love- tough trash can type plastic for the body with rubber ends. Again, at this price, I think it's something JVC missed. I feel like they are capitalizing on it being a guitar amp and charging more for that (in my opinion, irrelevant) feature.
Would I buy it again? Yes. Price is too high though, and if the price were to stay there then it needs some more very PRACTICAL features on it. But it works- does the job and plays music how it is supposed to: LOUD.
7 of 7 found the following review helpful:
Cannot like this Boombox enoughAug 27, 2012
By Joseph D. Lanzendorfer
First of all, this thing is LOUD. I'm amazed at how much this thing can rock my house with 10 D-cell batteries, and how incredibly long those D-cell batteries can last. Separate knobs for volume and bass control is an awesome, and the side-firing sub-woofers put out great bass. I love taking this thing to parties. There is one plug for a microphone or guitar and there's a switch between the two, so it's easy to use as an amp, a megaphone, or a karaoke machine. You can control the mic/guitar volume separately from the main volume, so it's easy to control how much of your voice is mixed in with the music. The shoulder strap makes it easy to carry. The USB port on the front will read media off a thumb drive or search the internal storage on a device like a phone, and can also be used to charge devices, like phones. I connect my phone to the USB but connect the headphone jack to the audio input so I have full control over what I want to listen to while charging my phone. It makes an awesome Pandora setup. CD-player up top just in case, good antenna, programmable radio stations, AC and DC power inputs (but only comes with AC power cable), sealable iPod dock protects your iPod/iPhone, remote control, equalizer presets, headphone jack, and a video output for iPod/iPhone videos.
Overall it's just a really well engineered piece of equipment. JVC left no stone unturned. It does pretty much everything I could ever want it to do and more. It's just so versatile it makes it perfect for parties, flash mobs, chilling out, whatever. It makes me wish boom boxes never went out of style because it's just so awesome. Definitely my favorite toy.
One tiny little problem I should note. It is not hot-swappable between AC power and battery power. It turns itself of when you switch from one to the other. Other than that, no complaints here.
6 of 6 found the following review helpful:
Awsome!Sep 22, 2011
Bought this to play the ipod in the back yard. It works GREAT!! Super sound and well built. As a side note, I used this in a wedding ceremony that had no access to a PA system. Bought a 25.00 mic and was able to be heard by about 100 people very clearly
5 of 5 found the following review helpful:
great boomboxFeb 10, 2012
This boom box rocks! Loud, user friendly and fun. It is definitely worth the money. As they say you get what you pay for. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.
See all 63 customer reviews on Amazon.com